A Machine Operator works with heavy machinery, ensuring that the equipment is functioning safely, properly and efficiently.
These professionals specialize in one or a few similar types of heavy machinery and work in a specific industry, like construction, manufacturing and transportation. Depending on their specialization and industry, they complete a wide range of tasks like moving heavy objects, completing construction work or assembling products.
Some Machine Operators may use heavy machinery on a daily basis, whereas others are primarily involved in the software development and programming of the machines.
Duties | Responsibilities
· A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
· Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
· A “Fair Chance” job(you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
· A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
· A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
· Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
· A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
Conditions of Employment
· Starting pay =Varies with experience.
· Overtime = 1.5x paybase rate
· Retirement Plan
· Paid Vacation
Want to join our team? We are currently hiring for this position!Start Application
At Thorp Equipment, we want to make applying for one of our open positions as simple as possible. Start with this simple form and we will contact you to setup a phone or in-person meeting.